Can you put VHO's along side of NO?

thedj

I am currently running an IceCap 430 ballast with 1 Actinic and one 50/50 white. I am thinking of adding one more Actinic(the 430 ballast will sustain the 3rd bulb). I was curious what opionions you had on adding two NO florecents and what types to use. Thanks for the input.
:cheer:
Ian

scooter8416

IMO
I wouldn't bother with the NO's. If u want more light, buy another IceCap 430 ballast and run 4 or 6 vho's over ur 30. That would be ur best bet. Even with 3 vho's over the 30 it should be good for most softies.
what length are the bulbs?

thedj

46.5" bulbs. If I had the money I would love to go out and buy more equipment. However I do not, so I am just trying to work with what Ive got. I think there would be some advantages to running NO lights.

durabane

I was at 2.6 wpg and wanted to to bump to 3 still had my old strip from my freshwater days so I went and bought a 48'' true actinic 40 watter and have seen no real change in activity yet. But the average rule I follow if u can try something for around little dollars that might work u should although it does make the hood get really hot having both pc and light strip under it.