Can you take the middle brace off?

krowleey

all glass stand for a 72 bow, i can not get my 20L sump under it without taking off the middle brace of the stand, can you do this with the tank on it?

krowleey

mabey i should get a bottle type car jack with a 2x4 piece on it jack it up next to the brace first. my tank is full of water keep in mind, or have you done this before?

flatzboy

He probably thought you ment the tank was empty. I would definatly use the car jack to be safe.:D

krowleey

mission completed, used two bottle jacks and a couple 4x4's and went length wise across the front lip with it, it was a breeze that's for sure. but very scary lol

O

osufarker

glad it worked out for you. When it doubt use a jack. :) I used a jack to lift my 240 and stand to move it (it was empty). I put some wheels under the corners and rolled it. Hell of a lot easier than lifting it, man is that thing heavy. It took 6 of us to get it in the basement, but that is another story.

O

osufarker

We nailed plywood on the stairs like planks. Put straps around it and slowly slid it down the stairs. Took about an hour of planning and another hour to pull off. That tank is permanently in the basement. If we move, the tank is staying.