Canary Wrasse aka Golden Coris

duke13

Canary Wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus) aka Golden Coris or Yellow Wrasse.
I'm just curious if anyone has any good stories (or 'horror stories') to tell about this little wrasse. I recently got rid of my Lemonpeel Angel because he was doing a number on corals. I really liked the color of the angel and I wanted to replace him with a 'yellow' fish. I read from some people that they have murdered their shrimp, snails, and other Leopard Wrasses.
Any personal experiences would be appreciated.

joker_ca

i had two in separate tanks, hardy if they're feed well. Never had any problems with them at all, they never kill anyone! The only bad thing i can say is that after you introduce them it takes awhile(2 weeks for me) for them to come out since they hide under the sand and you never see them so you'll think that they're dead until one day they pop up
but it's cool to see them dive right into the sand, or pop their head out of the sand, also they are good jumpers and one per tank

guineawhop

these guys also are pretty docile and will get along with passive fish. they have also been known to rid fish of parasites so if you do have one don't confuse this with aggressive behavior. also they are known to jump out of tanks.