Canister combo wave maker

rykna

I am looking for a new canister to purchase. I have used the Aqua clear for many years, but I need some input on what's new and what's good.
Thanks,
Rykna

teresaq

I use a rena-filstar Xp3 on my 150. I like it, its easy to clean. On my 54 I just got a Rapids Pro wet/dry with built in skimmer. It hasnt been running long enough got me to give an opinon except, so far so good.
T
Did you ever get your horses??

rykna

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3030979
I use a rena-filstar Xp3 on my 150. I like it, its easy to clean. On my 54 I just got a Rapids Pro wet/dry with built in skimmer. It hasnt been running long enough got me to give an opinon except, so far so good.
T
Did you ever get your horses??
Yeah total disaster.
The first pair I ordered were so small you could almost mistake them for ponies. The poor little horses never had a chance. The second pair were so infected with parasites, I was horrified.
The best thing that came out of this was that I found a vet here in the twins that treats fish! I took the two horses to have her examine them. She took a small cut of the male's dorsal fin and looked at it under a microscope. She let me have a look.. I have worked as a vet tech and have done hundreds of scrap tests, and have seen many types of parasites, the infestation on the fin was nauseating. There were two types of parasites squirming all over the fin(which I did get the names of, but I can't find them right now), and the other one was a virus, 90% possibility it is Vibrio.
So, back to square one. On a better note, I did get two electric flame scallops which are healthy and growing. I've always wanted to house these amazing critters. They are hungry little things. They'll eat just about any thing including mysis, food pellets, and of course their favorite phyto feast. They both seem to enjoy each others company and the pair are always together.
Currently I am very hesitant to add anything else to the tank. All the coral are doing well, and the one narsisus snail is living on easy street, all the left overs are his!
~Rykna