canister filter?

roggy23

ok my Rena XP3 might be defective because im tired of the air bubbles it spits out of the return nozzle. anyone have a can filter they can recommend where they never get air bubbles coming out of the return nozzle?

jimmyy2kws6

I have had a Fluval 404 and XP3. Both did not spit out any air bubbles. Is it clean? I would try calling their tech line and ask. They might be able to help. I like my XP3 better than my 404 because it is a lot quiter. Good luck
Jimmy

stapler

I have a Jebo 819 that works extremely well, and doesnt spit any bubbles out at all. Its also for sale!:yes:

squidd

I have run all three...Rena XP3, Fluval 404, and Magnum 350...
I have had on occasion air bubble "surge" but with maintainence/cleaning/checking mechanical connections ALL have stoped and run trouble free...
I like the "volume" of the Rena XP3 "can" compared to the Fluval...
I like the Magnum 350 I set up to run carbon from time to time and use as a mobile "shop vac" when needed...

saltymist

I have the Penn-Plax 1000 canister filter and the only time it spits out bubbles is after a cleaning. But it usually stops doing so with in 4 hours or so, it just has to purge itself of any air that is trapped in the canister as I suspect yours does too.
Other than that, the cascade 1000 is easy to clean, quick disconnects etc. Great flow and the spraybar allows me to direc the flow where I want it (usually up to the surface to break up surface tension).

roggy23

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT GUYS
I INSTALLED THE RETURN NOZZLE ON MY XP3 WITHOUT THE FLOW ADJUSTMENT KNOB. SO I ADDED THE KNOB ONTO THE INTAKE BAR AND BUBBLES STOPPED :)
TOOK MY 6 MONTHS TO FIGURE THAT PROBLEM OUT HAHA...
MAYBE THE RENA XP3 ISNT THAT BAD AFTER ALL HAHA

squidd

Can it really be true...??:D
Good job on experimenting and trying new things to solve your problem...