canister or other options

user3977

Well a question i have, my tank is not drilled. it is a 55g tank. I was going to build a w/d setup with a 10g and home made overflow. well i was looking at my LFS and well all the kits they sell come with canisters, even the ones with the over flows. i have read on here that canisters are usless... well not totally usless but not really reccommended. i really want to get this tank up and running my first saltwater setup. I am also wondering about a bare tank, i have heard of them. no rock, sand or anything just water and fish with canisters. :( so many choices can anyone point me to a few links for basic setup items. If i do use sand in it how much should i look for? 1inch 2 inches more less?

keith burn

Originally Posted by user3977
Well a question i have, my tank is not drilled. it is a 55g tank. I was going to build a w/d setup with a 10g and home made overflow. well i was looking at my LFS and well all the kits they sell come with canisters, even the ones with the over flows. i have read on here that canisters are usless... well not totally usless but not really reccommended. i really want to get this tank up and running my first saltwater setup. I am also wondering about a bare tank, i have heard of them. no rock, sand or anything just water and fish with canisters. :( so many choices can anyone point me to a few links for basic setup items. If i do use sand in it how much should i look for? 1inch 2 inches more less?
look at this thay help
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/80022/advise-for-new-hobbyists