Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT - Opinions?

wax32

Yeah I want the 20d bad but I can't get her to go for a sub $1000 camera, I'm sure not getting her to go for a $1500 one! :D

kimber27

I have the S3 too, love it. I started out w/ the S1 when they first came out, always used Nikons so the F mount made the fuji my first choice years ago. I love the zoom lense with the macro capability. Keeps me from having to change the lense alot. I just wih they would figure out how to make them lighter, running around with one gets exhausting after a few hours.

wax32

Just saw you live in Sioux Falls. My U-Haul broke down there on the way to New Orleans from Grand Forks. In the rain! :D

jer4916

ouch, that stinks not only because it broke down, but also because sioux falls is SOOO lame. :)
CANT WAIT TO MOVE BACK TO FLORIDA! :)

goldpuffer

I have a nikon d70s with a 70mm-300mm lense. Its perfect for macro photography. Its a bit costly when you add all the ascessories like lenses and flashes etc. It's a great camera i wouldnt trade it for nothing.

saltyfishy

Originally Posted by wax32
I'm looking to get a digital SLR and I'm liking what I have read about the Rebel XT. Anyone have any exerience with this camera?
I own one. I is the best camera out there at the time. it take amazing picture.

bchbum189

i love my rebel, need to save $$$ for more lenses though, the stock one just doesnt cut it, plus mine has had the unfortunate durability test of having a 27" tube tv fall on it and it still works somehow

saltyfishy

Originally Posted by XxViEtXjUStiNxX
The Rebel XT isn't the best camera when you probably bought it, and it isn't the best camera now.
It is the newest and best out. I have the XT 8.0 Megapixels