Canopy, and wave motion

cyslyde

I want to create a canopy so that I can have better lighting on my 29 gal in order to start a reef. does anybody have a generic bluprint for one? if not, I need to know how to properly support it, if i need glass under it, how tall/far off the water should it be, what type of fixtures i need to get and anything else i did not think of. also one other quick question. at the local fish store, they have a powerstrip that creates "wave motion" when multiple powerheads are connected. are these good ideas? I am currently using a 295gph maxi-jet, and i was thinking of putting a smaller jet facing the other direction if i did get one.
thanx again for the help
-=CY :D

wallda

In order to give you some direction on how to construct your hood, I ask that you give us some additional information: What type of lights do you have/want to use, how much money you want to spend, ect.
About the powerstrip with the wave action, I have never used one.
Reef Tanks are fun!!!!

frenchman

My personal opinion about the wave is that it looks pretty cool but you have cheaper alternatives. These things are usually pretty fancy and costs quite a bit. I know many people who have great tanks and don't use this stuff. If you want a cheaper alternative, get an additional nice powerhead with a timer that repeats the cycle in very short time spans (30seconds, 1 minutes...)

cyslyde

ok... sorry about the delayed responce, modem died on the puter. anyways, I think the lighting unit i am going to go with is called a power compact... does that sound right? I know it has two bulbs, one blue and one white. also i currently have a 29 gal tank. thanx for the help
-=cy