Canopy

watergal

I have a 55 gallon & 30h & have been looking for a canopy. Do these have to made? I cant seem to find one for either. Does anyone know where I can purchase one or have specs to build one? I am quite handy with tools:D

sideways84

Working on and have the same question.
I have just purchased a set of 2 400w Metal halides, How far from the water should these be mounted ?

skirrby

they had canopys for 55 gallons at wal mart today.. know for sure how they look assembled but the are 5 inches tall. should have room for lights i would assume.. cool thing was they were only 48 bucks

z28

if ya handy with a saw and screwdriver your in buisness.............i went to home depot and got some oak boards and stainless screws.......built a nice canopy for my 75 reefmy light sit about 11 inches off the water.....4-110 watt vhos'.and 1 400 watt xm 10,000k mh...........be sure to use some 1/2 inch pine inbetween the reflectors and the top of the canopy tho so it doesnt get toooooo hot or it will warp the top....ohhhhhhhhh yeha a couple of fans from radio shack does the trick at cooling everything...
good luck

I live in texas so i have no top on mine. That way the heat has more of a way to escape. Also your M/H need to be about 12 to 15 inches away from the water.