cant decide on a goby

frogman5

wat does everyone think would be the best goby for a 40 gallon tank i would love to get 2 but if its not good to have 2 then so be. it so im just lookin for the one who is the most fun and my moneys worth

mcbdz

I love the little yellow clown goby. He perches on everything and stays out in the open all the time.
My lfs has a bicolor in their large dt and he is really beautiful. You may just want to look at all the ones on here for sale and see what you like, there are so many. Good luck.

autofreak44

my yellow watchman is cool, but in such a big tank he would be booring because they are usualy just sitting outside of their hideout and in a 40 gallon his hideout could be anywhere... luckily my watchman's hideout is right in the front

frogman5

yeh ive look at just about everyone im really interested in the clown gobys and the bicolor is it possible to do both or 2 of the same species

B

brstwv

My yellow watchman is always out and about. I built him a little cave entrance in front of my 29. He'll come out and eat, then comes my fire shrimp, both live in the same cave.

frogman5

yeh i love the watchmen and the clowns the most probaly. But i would reallly like to get 2 of them but ive heard thats not always the best anybody want to comment this

mcbdz

Somewhere I had seen a fish compatability chart, but can't find it right now. Mostly you would have better luck with mated pairs or if the occupy different levels of the tank maybe.
If you decide to try 2 add them at the same time. Sorry not more help. Maybe someone else has tried different ones.

fenrir

I sucesfully keep a 4 wheel drive goby and yellow clown goby in a 14g biocube. They get along fine and even sometimes sit next to each other.

frogman5

so does this sound ok for my final fish list
2 gold stripe maroons or just maroons
1 gold headed sleeper goby
1 clown goby
2 or 3 shrimp
and a scooter or bicolor or lawnmower blenny
if there is any other fish i could add let me know