cant decide on a new car???

misfit

wow I just bought a 04 chevy tahoe for 26500 and it fits two car seats and my 9 yr old perfect

S

skysmom

Originally posted by DVS
3 words...
Dodge Magnum + Hemi
:yes:

I TOTALLY
agree :happy: :happyfish

yaksplat

Originally posted by joker_ca
made them take 10g off sticker and afew free extra's
:joy:
:joy:

It makes you wonder. If they have no problem taking 10 grand off, what is the vehicle actually worth?

jacknjill

they arent worth that nuch. as soon as you drive it off the lot, it loses its value. instantly. thats why if you buy a truck for say 30,00 brand new, youd be lucky to get 15,000 a year or two later. the exception is nice cars like a benz or a bmw.

alison

Pathfinders are nice, did you get the newer style change? Thier a pretty good price for what you get too, and they have that sportyish look like the 4 runners. I have a jeep cherokee myself. I love it. I'm a really outdoorsy girl, so I like that I can throw down the back seats and throw my mountain bike back there. I hate bike racks. I use my jeep for more of a truck than a jeep though. You'll love the clearance of your suv when your drivin. I think I will always get a suv for that. My jeep is short on space though, it's kinda a toy suv if you ask me. The pathfinder was a good choice, since you have kids. Congrats, Ali

michelle l

<if you buy a truck for say 30,00 brand new, youd be lucky to get 15,000 a year or two later. the exception is nice cars like a benz or a bmw.>
JacknJill, that doesn't even hold true anymore. I had a 2002 Mercedes that I bought for just over $30,000 new, and when I traded it a year later I think they gave me $18,000 for it, and it was in perfect condition.
:mad:

yaksplat

Originally posted by DVS
Dodge Magnum + Hemi

the designer of that glorified station wagon should be shot. Station wagons were just about extinct like they should be and then this POS shows up. And don't get me started on the hemi. It's nothing more than a large inefficient engine with hemispherical combustion chambers. The 17 mpg isn't much of a wow factor either.
I can just hear the converstion among the management there:
"We need a new vehicle"
"Okay, lets bring back the station wagon, but we'll make it different"
"Hmmm, how could we do that"
"How about we make it really high performance"
"Should we design a new efficient engine for it?"
"Nah, let's just make the engine as big as possible"
"Brilliant!"
"But won't that give it bad gas mileage?"
"Sure, but who cares, people will still buy it. Let's put the word HEMI on the engine. Then all of those old guys that know what a hemi is will want one"
"Brilliant!"
"Okay, then after we put the word HEMI on the engine, we'll charge 5 grand more for that model"
"Brilliant!"
End of meeting results with a 5.7 liter engine that gets 13-20 mpg.
Brilliant!

jacknjill

Originally posted by Michelle L
<if you buy a truck for say 30,00 brand new, youd be lucky to get 15,000 a year or two later. the exception is nice cars like a benz or a bmw.>
JacknJill, that doesn't even hold true anymore. I had a 2002 Mercedes that I bought for just over $30,000 new, and when I traded it a year later I think they gave me $18,000 for it, and it was in perfect condition.
:mad:

i know doesnt that just make you so mad? but you have to admit, they are really great quality. my mom has one and we love it. they still hold their value a better than say, a honda. you know?

joker_ca

YAKSPLAT i liked how often you used the word brilliant:yes:
this post has really strayed off from what i originally said, i never wanted a magnum... to me they'er very ugly and i never wanted a truck that gets 13mpg
my choices where what i posted, nothing more....sure i did say i wanted some other vehicles but i wouldnt buy them, well who cares anymore i got my new pathfinder and im happy with it, i got a killer deal on it i cant really ask for anything more, i'll try to post a pic this weekend

jacknjill

dd you know that they are starting to use magnum's as police cars in some places? i thought that was pretty cool