Cant find hitchiker ID thread.

wattsupdoc

Can someone please point me to the hitchiker ID thread????
I think I saw a bad nudi in my display today. But cant find the ever so helpful thread to try to ID it.

coachklm

is there such thing as a good nudi branch? i thought they all had feeding requirments and poisoned tanks...

wattsupdoc

Thanx coach, Im not sure if it is a nugi or what I just saw its head as it was stikking out from behind a powerhead. I tried to catch it and it quickly moved in behind it more. When it did I saw what looked like a pincher or something on its back leg , might be wrong but Im pretty sure I saw a nudi that was white and looked like that. I moved the powerhead to try to catch it and it was gone allready. Anyone got any ideas how to catch it? It's creepy lookin'. I mean down right damn scary. Looked like something you'd see on a sci-fi horror show. I think it'd kick Predators butt easy! Any one gotta pick of something like this? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Not in the ID's either but theres a similar one with no claw.
Head looked similar but no claw there salty and it was white or clear lookin.
How do I catch it? Or kill it?

salty cheese

There are thousands of different species of nudibranches, so your best bet is to google either "nudibranch" and/or "seaslug". The latter will lead you to a site devoted entirely to that species.

vesuvan

Best way I've found to catch those kinds of hitchhikers, is to use a turkey baster, and just suck the thing up.

wattsupdoc

Tried the turkey baster and he was to fast I guess. I'll try i again igf i ever see it. 2 of my yellow star polyps dissapeared a little while back. Couldnt figure out why. I guess i know now.