Can't find my fish in tank

rnttnr

Help! I bought a juvie mimic tang for my 55 gallon about a week ago and at first he ate well on frozen shrimp for about 3 days. After that he came out once a day. Now for the past 2 days I can't find him and he's not been out as far as I know (maybe he comes out when I'm not there). If he was dead, I'd think he'd be floating. I moved some of my rocks around alittle (not too much as to not totally stress everyone else out). I can't find any evidence that I even had a tang in there. No DEAD body.
Can he be hiding that well?
Or could my inverts have eaten him already?
The only other fish I have in there are two banggaii cardinals.
HELP ME PLEASE!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by rnttnr
Help! I bought a juvie mimic tang for my 55 gallon about a week ago and at first he ate well on frozen shrimp for about 3 days. After that he came out once a day. Now for the past 2 days I can't find him and he's not been out as far as I know (maybe he comes out when I'm not there). If he was dead, I'd think he'd be floating. I moved some of my rocks around alittle (not too much as to not totally stress everyone else out). I can't find any evidence that I even had a tang in there. No DEAD body.
Can he be hiding that well?
Or could my inverts have eaten him already?
The only other fish I have in there are two banggaii cardinals.
HELP ME PLEASE!
If the Cardinals wanted to, they could have easily killed a mimic tang. Only some fish float, most do not. If it has only been two days then don't count him out. He may simply be hiding.

rnttnr

nope- I thimk my tang is dead
It's been too long now since I saw him last
Someone said perhaps the cleaners took care of any evidence
Maybe so
Thanks to all

[hr]
I'll check that salitity

A

alix

sorry about your tang. i hate it when things just dissappear. happens in my tank all the time. its so weird.

camillo

at the moment my clean up crew consists of only two hermits and two snails, and when my valentini puffer died it took them less than a couple hours to clean up. all the left was bones. so im assuming that your clean up crew is better than mine, so if you cant find it i think its dead. clean up crews can be pretty efficent.

rnttnr

I just have the regular filtering system and a protein skimmer. It wouldn't have a chance to get into either one of those, unless it jumped.
Thanks for the help. When I picked out the banggaii cardinals I was pretty sure I read they were peaceful.
I'm gonna check on them again. I'm wanting to get a peaceful blenney.
Gonna check on those cards first.

eugenez_21

I HATE that my female clown died on me and then the male disappeared the next day never fould him and my cleaner crew only consists of 5 hermits. Thay just sucks

A

alix

fish dissappear in my FW tanks all the time and it is so weird because i dont have snails or crabs or anything in there.
hmm. maybe the evil neon tetras are eating everyone....

zeromus-x

Think that's bad? I had a 3.75" clownfish disappear in my home tank. That's a big ass fish to disappear in a 36 gallon tank! Checked everywhere and the

[hr]
is just gone. The only other thing in the tank is a spiny puffer (who will be moved to the 75 gal as soon as my other problem is cleared up... they told my girlfriend at the fish store that "he was a toby and won't grow to more than a few inches"... heh), and I don't think they'll devour another fish whole or anything!

karenm

Did you ever find your mimic tang? I've got 2 small fish missing. A week or so ago I took in a yellow tang and 2 green chromis. One of the chromis stayed under a rock from the get-go, but the other swam around about the middle of the tank. After about 4 or 5 days, I couldn't find either one. I have just a 40 gal tank and no predators. EVen my clean-up crew is lightly staffed right now. I've looked all over and checked ammonia - and nothing. They're just "gone".

jessica47421

i had a clown missing with no evidence and i thought clean up crew took care of it and while doing my cleaning i found his body, so he jumped from the tank and died.