can't get rid of this, HELP!!

schippy

I have battled hair algea, and aptasia and have triumphed. I have this annoyeing brownish algea that grows on my rock and sometimes sand. It seems to have bubbles in it. It is easily removed when i suction the tank during water changes. Usually coming right off with the suction and a push of the hose. But it keeps comeing back more and more. I use DI/RO water. I have lowered my lighing hours and reduced feedings. How can I stop this stuff from growing??

i have the same thing, so im interested in what the more experienced people have to say about getting rid of it. ( Ive just been scraping it off)

dad

What do you have for a cleanup crew? water flow? any readings?
This may help locate the problem.

schippy

I have snails and blue legged hermits. none eat it. As for flow I have a power head on the left, and sump return on right. the pic shows my setup. it is a 55gal. My levels are all within normal limits

bigmac

Looks like Tuft algae (I think that's the name) Do a google search and see what comes up. Its hard to get rid of, I know, I had it. I manages to contol it some what but I don't remember how. I know Tuxedo Urchins eat it.
Give me an e-mail at sf49er1959@aol.com I'll see what I can come up with

dad

I would add more power heads. I beleave you need more water flow.
This may not be the problem but it cannot hurt?