Cant keep my fish alive please help

racin1126

Originally Posted by ophiura
Just out of curiosity, what is your alkalinity and pH? What sort of circulation do you have? Do you have good surface aggitation?
I do not hae a test for alkalinity but i will get one soon what should it read my ph is 8.2 I am running one powerhead and my filter i had 2 in it and it seemed like too mch water flow. I am looking around for a ground probe i think i will have o order one. the surface has a good ripple to it or should the surface be breaking. I also put is a air stone I know it is not recomended but it is the only thing that got my fax faces color back he was faded and a few hours after he was normal again. I am only able to keep the fish for about 3 days max. Should i put the other power head in so it is breaking the surface of the water. Also willit matter that i am using just a single 36" light I have no corals. I read that coraline grows better without a ton of light. should i remove the air stone?

unleashed

I can see what ppl are saying about the volts in your tank could present a problem.also lfs normally only check nitrates amonia and such and ph.have them test calcium levels magnesium and alk.and phosphates.iodine levels also all mentioned above could be a possibilty of a problen.unless you request these test most lfs wont do them.if your using prime your tap water should not be a huge issue.unless you have a very bad water supply.also i suggest placing your foxface into a qt tank with a purchased ro water from lfs and keep a close eye on him you may have accidently poluted your tank somehow.