Can't we all just get along?!

michaeltx

Is that you again Mike? I am sick and tired of your one sided opinions that you should keep to your self! Clean up your tank and quit being so stupid!!!!
I see how you are LOL

I have to come and see whats going on with best pets know that the guys are working on it. I cant wait!!!! maybe I will get something kewl for the tank LOL
speaking of that I need to go over and post some pics of the percs and red mandarin LOL
Mike

renogaw

Originally Posted by renogaw
well, just in case im one of those "5-7" i just want to say i appreciate all the help you guys have given me :p
You are not a problem poster at all.

woot, i got edited the other day and wasn't sure...

ophiura

Originally Posted by Bruder
It's not about the arguments, it's the flat out rudeness of members to other members. I am baffled by some of the posts I read about how "you are an idiot" "didn't you do your research?" etc.

The real key with such posters is not to take the bait. Just pass them by...in general, they do not know much more than such an answer themselves. They talk the talk, but that is about all they have. They don't have reasonable, logical explanations for their point of view, so they act like the big man. Many are very young, which is important to consider.
So one thing I always say to people is DO NOT escalate a situation. Often in threads it is one person who comes back with some stupid comment...don't quote it, don't answer it, just ignore. The more these people are ignored, the sooner they will go away, because it is no fun anymore. They often take pleasure in shouting people down - because, like the bullies they are - they have little knowledge and experience to back up any real opinions or advice.
I hope that we will clean things up shortly, but I think you put it very well in saying that the members themselves need to start laying down the law. Don't let people get away with it!

seattle

Your St00pid jk lol,Yeah I got so upset with all the flamming I just spoke up on a thread I was so annoyied.The worse part of it is the Tangs :scared:

tangman99

I would hate to see the aquarium closed down but I've seen it closed before. I've been a member here for almost 7 years and I'll admit that I am mostly a full time Aquarium poster these days. I've pretty much put my tank on auto pilot for the last 2 or 3 years so I don't frequent the other sections. I post here because there are several members that have been around as long as me and they are almost like family.
Most of us know who and what type of people are making most of the problems. That is the one thing I hate about message boards and hiding behind the internet. It bring out the classic "Alligator Mouth, Hummingbird Arse" type of people who would never in their wildest dreams say or do the things they will do hiding behind a computer if they were standing in front of the person they were addressing in a post.
I agree that the majority of the people on this board are great and it is one of my favorite boards that I frequent. Thanks Mods for the work you do. Having been a mod myself on other boards, I know it can be a thankless job sometimes.