car people: something to laugh about

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
Lemme guess what else you're gonna do ... put on some ugly @r$e body panels with a picinc table for a spoiler on the top and a mustang hood scoop on your hood all in puke green color with neon lights underneath, and lower the suspension and tune your motor that will sound like a friggin' chain saw going down the highway. Yep that car will look really special - like a Ford-tard. Just do yourself a favor - don't challenge "old School" cars to a race ie : Olds 442 4 barrel ...
Oh yeah BTW - you'll probably waer the battery out or fry your wirings real quick ...
Pfffffft - kids ..................
If you think I'm dumb enough to dump money into body panels and a spoiler for a 200$ car. (who the hell would race a ford wagon?)
Where in the post did it say I was going to do any of that. I'm going to tub it out so I can transport my dogs, and put a woofer in it. if you think installing a stereo is going to fry the wires in the car you obviously know nothing about installing custom stereos (your supposed to put in wires that can handle the load) I'm putting the stereo in it because I hae the parts laying around.
Obviously you missed my post in "car people post your ride" where I described hating the type of people that do that sort of semi pimping to cars and drive like they are racing from every light to the next. When in reality they have no clue how to race.
(besides why would I ever try to race in the wagon When I have a saab with turbo??????)
oh one more thing I hate fords. IT WAS A $200 CAR......
Pfffftt.

gixxer54

dont get me wrong.. im not saying anyone is dumb/ or buying all sorts of body panels for a $200 car.. the thread was car people: something to laugh about... so i thought people would get a laugh from what i told... not trying to offend you here reefkprZ...
and.. yea, i had a gsxr 1000... sold it last summer...

reefkprz

Originally Posted by gixxer54
dont get me wrong.. im not saying anyone is dumb/ or buying all sorts of body panels for a $200 car.. the thread was car people: something to laugh about... so i thought people would get a laugh from what i told... not trying to offend you here reefkprZ...
and.. yea, i had a gsxr 1000... sold it last summer...
you didnt offend me at all, gixxer54. the reply I made was directed to ice4ice and his tard comment, that one was offensive. its one thing to have a laugh with a thread wich I tought this would be funny but being called a ford tard was really unnnescessary, and he obviously didnt read the thread completly because I explained I was tubbing it out so My dogs have a place to ride. I never said I was pimping anything.

gixxer54

sorry.. i missed his post... i just reread it... yea, i read why you were doing it.. and that post didnt make much sense.... lol.. but he left out the supercharged fuzzy dice, and the nitrous laced hubcaps....lol

seasalt101

don't forget the spinners man, you got to have those to be cool, and the mecedes hood emblem and dingle-balls....hey i like fords....tobin

teen

Originally Posted by gixxer54
yea, i had a gsxr 1000... sold it last summer...
why'd you sell it? didnt like it? im thinkin of getting one, so thats why im asking.

W

wesw

if you are going to do a crazy install - do you have any other gear laying around? you could build some sorta crazy box and amp rack. of course with blue lighting. the more the merrier.
Although, that bandpass box will get loud - it isnt exactly musical.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by seasalt101
don't forget the spinners man, you got to have those to be cool, and the mecedes hood emblem and dingle-balls....hey i like fords....tobin
sorry tobin didnt mean to bash soemthing you like, I jsut alway get jinxed when I buy fords they break on me and I hate working on them.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by WesW
if you are going to do a crazy install - do you have any other gear laying around? you could build some sorta crazy box and amp rack. of course with blue lighting. the more the merrier.
Although, that bandpass box will get loud - it isnt exactly musical.
I have three or four amps kicking around, a slew of speakers, some head units and miscelaneous stuff a capacitor or two some eqs, just left over stuff and unwanted old parts. some people let me keep old equipment as I tore out the garbage (not all garbage) they had and put in better equipment. if it was decent stuff I'd knock a couple bucks off the install. I did one crazy set up where the guy put 10 "10 subs in a panel behiind his seat in his extended cab. you couldnt even sit in the truck with the stereo on it was too painfull. it was probably one of the best installs I ever did he wanted all the wires and equipment visible but neat looking. it was a challenge. I prefabbed the panel for his subs and it only took me three days to do the complete install. It was impressive. pointless IMO but impressive nonetheless.

W

wesw

ha ha, nice. We'll I'd just run those audiobahns until you blow em up. which could be quick overpowered in a bandpass box

seasalt101

that' ok reefkprz i can bash the gm's same thing no luck with them like stated earlier a fun thread and a 200 dollar car is a 200 dollar car no matter who made it, just keep us posted it sounds "wicked awesome" and that's coming from a 42 year old (i wonder if that is still cool to say?) have some fun with it dude we are all watching....tobin

reefkprz

Originally Posted by WesW
ha ha, nice. We'll I'd just run those audiobahns until you blow em up. which could be quick overpowered in a bandpass box

LO yeah if they were new they might be fine but they are a couple years old and have just been sitting around, They are probably all dry rotted and will tear the speaker cones out the first time I turn on the stereo...

ice4ice

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
oh one more thing I hate fords. IT WAS A $200 CAR......
Pfffftt.

ROFLMAO !!! You say you hate Ford ... that is a Ford no matter how much you paid for it !!! I wasn't slamming you at all but wanted to add some more laughs in here. WOW !! Touchy, aren't we ?

reefkprz

the fordtard comment and the Pfft at the end made it sound like a burn to me. sorry if I took it the wrong way.
For 200$ it could have been a yugo it runs, and has a sticker that alone is worth 200$ if it goes a year I got my moneys worth.

gixxer54

Originally Posted by teen
why'd you sell it? didnt like it? im thinkin of getting one, so thats why im asking.

the bike was awesome... fast as anything.... my work schedule had me barley riding it, so i sold it rather than let it sit around collecting dust..

seannmelly

Originally Posted by teen

how old r u? have you ever rode a gixxer 1000 or a crotch rocket? if not id start with something smaller i wouldnt want to see you get hurt. great bike though

gixxer54

i agree.. but the 600 or 750 is a good size to start... the 1000 is a monster.. the front wheel would go up in the first three gears. it would pull like crazy up to around 50 mph.. feel like a flat spot till around 60-65mph.. then not stop pulling till around 180. after i sold it, the guy never rode the 1000, i told him to be careful.. he caled me a week later to find out if i had a chip in it or any engine mods.... all stock.

teen

naa, i wouldnt start with the 1000. ive been looking mainly at the 600, i think the 750 is even a little big for me. ive also been looking at an R6.