(Car People) whats your opinion?

jimmy g

My uncle gave me his 1985 GMC Seirra Pickup. The exterior is pretty rough. The ******** is OK but want to replace it all. I found this place that sells BRAND NEW; Door shells-$65each, Bed sides- $125 each, Hood-$80, front fender-$45each, and bumpers-$65 each all for this exact truck. I was curious is to what you think, should I fix it up or just get a new car. I would like to show him that I really appreciated what he gave my but this is going to take time and money. After I replace the exterior I will get it painted, Then move on to the ********.
What do you think?
Post your opinions here please!
(P.S. The truck runs great)

pwnag3!!

fix it up man!
i love mid 80s GMC and Chevy trucks.
They are awesome... ive always wanted to fix one up.
sure the stuff is cheap but keep in mind you have to paint it also.

j-key

add it all up and you might have 5-6 months of a new truck payment?then when you have it all red-e no payments
i had a gmc the only thing that stopped it was a girl in a chevy:eek: worst comes to worst fix it up and sell it maybe give him some of the cash.

j-key

oh and you probably already know this but as soon as you drive that new whip off the lot it loses more than youll have in the truck,lol..ive done it 4 times..im done:nervous:

denny80688

Escalade front clip, rear roll pan, new sides, 4 link rear suspension and air bags... thats what older GM trucks are best for
And if it has a 350 v8 you can rebuild that too.. maybe a blower, new cam etc... Can you tell Im a truck guy?? :happyfish

moraym

I disagree with all of your upgrade suggestions. Spend his own money? Ha, laughable.
You should do more damage to it, to the point that it barely runs, to the point that people at stoplights point and laugh, and take pictures on their phones to show friends. Make sure it is the ugliest thing on the road.
1. write sob story about how you deserve a new car
2. get friends to lie
3. submit to crappy "pimp my ride"
4. tolerate xzibit's bad jokes for 10 min
5. get pimped car
6. sell riced-out GMC with 12 TVs & more vinyl stickers than paint
7. buy new Escalade.
8. pimp on.
:happy: :happy: :happy: