Caribbean Live Rock

tferrante

I was wondering if anyone has used Caribbean LR? I am trying to make a decision and I can choose from several different types. I understand that it is a bit more unique in its form, but is that the only real difference?

I don't like Caribbean rock also.What are the different types?
I like Fiji/Tonga live rock.They go by Fiji Premium,Uaniva,Keilini and more I'm sure.

earlybird

Fiji seems to be the best b/c of how light it is and it's very porous which is good for bacteria colonies.

michael r

I'm not sure if this has hit these forums yet, but on my other local saltwater forums, Fiji is considered to be outdated and quite poor quality-wise.
Everyone there is after Indo-Pacific live rock, which is much more porous and carries a greater array of hitchhikers.

crazyaqua

I have Caribbean rock and some indopacific they both had a good amount of hitchhikers and it seems the Caribbean rock is cheaper but still looks good.

tferrante

I assume when you say hitchhikers that these are creatures we do not care to have in our tank. What do you do to get rid of them.
Are you happy with your Caribbean LR? I do not want to risk a new tank, but both types of rocks look good.