^&&*())*&%$$ carnage

N

newreefers

Sad, sad day in our house today. Had to move my tank and lost my pair of tomato clowns, blood shrimp, and mandarin. My whole tank is fishless. I am so depressed, I don't know what went wrong. This is the 6th time I have had to move my tank and it is the first time I have lost anything. I've moved this tank across the state and no death, moved it across the living room ............... and carnage.
Now let me apologize, I had to vent a little and knew you would all understand my frustration. I don't even have the heart to think about new fish right now.:( :( :( :( :mad:

ryebread

Sorry to hear about your losses. :( That is kinda strange how it just happened this time. You didn't short anything out during the move did you? Anything that could have thrown some voltage into the tank? Sorry again.

plum70rt

Sorry for your losses , I lost some fish recently too, it Sucks,
Especially when there is no apparent reason:(

N

newreefers

Not knowing why is what is making me crazy, I did everything the same this time as in all other moves. Very anal retentive about everything. Nothing shorted out in the tank, moved all of the exact same water that came out of the tank, nothing new was put into the tank. It all came out, tank moved, it all went back in. Within 10 minutes, death.

melbournefl

Probably way off base here but ... it seems to me that *something* drastic must have changed to account for that kind of disaster in the space of 10 minutes. Did you clean the tank at all while making the move? Is it possible that something you thought was a "fish only" tool i.e. sponge, scrubber etc. got contaminated without you knowing about it? I know around here, with two teens, nothing is absolutely sacred so when I finally get this monster up and running, I think all my fish tools are going to be locked in the safety deposit box at the bank, inconvienent but safe!
One other real wild thought, did the move result in the tank being placed under an a/c vent? Is it possible that something was circulating in the air at the time of the move i.e. painting a room somewhere in the house, bug spraying somewhere, that might have contaminated the air coming out of the vent and ending up in the tank?
Again, probably way off base but hope you continue to investigate and let us all know if you discover the cause of this terrible tragedy!
Later and good luck,
Paul

broomer5

sorry to hear that newreefers
If I may ask - what did you "hold" the fish, inverts and tankwater in when you made the move ?
Rubbermaid ?
Trashcan ?
Another tank ?
Heated ?
Circulated ?
Substrate - did you remove it or leave it in the tank when moved ?