Carpenters fairy wrasse: is new life spectrum and mysis an ok diet?

kilofey

Just got a carpenters yesterday. I know they like meaty food, but is new life spectrum and mysis okay? I do have a home made food which is pure meat, it has all kinds of shell fish, squid, octopus ect... I usually dont feed it very often because i forgot to add any vitamins or seaweed or anything basically except meat. But I could definately add it to his diet every few days.
Anyway, am I on the right track with what im feeding him?

S

smallreef

you dont NEED to.. but im sure every once in a while he'd like some emerald entree or marine cuisine... what other fish do you have in with him?

kilofey

you dont NEED to.. but im sure every once in a while he'd like some emerald entree or marine cuisine... what other fish do you have in with him?
I feed frozen formula one to my clowns and coral beauty, some say it gums up their rock work but I cut it up small and defrost it first so the fish eat it all before it gets to the rock... Anyhoo, hes still in qt right now so Im sure he will be getting some formula one when hes in my dt. I could definately give him little bits of it in the qt & see if he likes it :) I just heard they like meaty foods so I assumed he wouldnt like formula one *blond moment* didnt think to see if he likes it lol.
I suppose im just being a little paranoid cause I had a bar goby who was doing wonderfully for the first 2 months in the dt and he just uped and died and then I had a sailfin tang who I accidentally bought with HLLE disease then I tried treating him with a doseage of medicated food as per my lfs guy and it caused him to overdose, and I had a fox face that I wasnt feeding properly (thought he would eat seaweed and he didnt so he died of malnutrition, this was before I knew about formula one or any of the other herbivore foods... That one was lack of knowledge on my part when I was very new to the hobby)
So it may be some paranoia, I just wanna make sure he makes it because any type of fairy or flashers are super rare where I live. This is the only one ive ever seen and I luvz him! :laughing: