Carpet Anemone Problem

good alex

I warn you this is an odd problem, I bought my anemone about 5 days a go. The first day he was doing great open and clown fish in him, but came the second day he looked like a fried egg, all droopy and crappy lookin, so i went to the pet store and they told me to put in some iodine, when i put it in he looked better the next day, and the next morning he looked crappy again, and remained that way for the rest of the day, but when the lights went off he opened up and looked great, now he always looks bad during the day and good at night!?!?!
hes in a 150g tank and the water tested out to be normal, four CoralLife 56wat lights i also have good flow throught the tank and i just dont know what to do? :help:

please help!!!

viper_930

What exactly are all your water parameters?
The lighthing isn't near enough though. If it survives through this problem, it won't survive for long IMO. Carpets are one of the most light-demanding species.

viper_930

I'm sure that's not all that common. The stories you aren't likely to hear are all the failures.

good alex

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
What exactly are all your water parameters?
The lighthing isn't near enough though. If it survives through this problem, it won't survive for long IMO. Carpets are one of the most light-demanding species.
the fish store told me that the lighting would be enough i have 4 56wat Uv lights 4 56wat regular lights and two little uv lights in the back couldent find out how much wats it had and 8 blue lunar lights. sorry i should have gone into detail
pH 8.0
Nh3 0
No2 0
No3 0
salinity 1.022

good alex

im new to this message board how do u put a picture up, i clicked add photo but then this thing came up i dont kno how to use it

jdog5578

Originally Posted by Good Alex
im new to this message board how do u put a picture up, i clicked add photo but then this thing came up i dont kno how to use it

open a photobucket account. upload your pics and they will give you a Image link to use.

scsinet

Originally Posted by Good Alex
the fish store told me that the lighting would be enough i have 4 56wat Uv lights 4 56wat regular lights and two little uv lights in the back couldent find out how much wats it had and 8 blue lunar lights. sorry i should have gone into detail
pH 8.0
Nh3 0
No2 0
No3 0
salinity 1.022
Your salinity is too low to keep an anemone. I would not try anything less than 1.024.
Also, be aware that fish stores are notorious for telling people anemones will be fine under insufficient lights.
As a point of comparison, you have 448 watts of light spread over 150 gallons. I kept a BTA on a 55 gallon reef with 440 watts of light before I switched to halides, so that's the same amount of light over 1/3 the water volume, and a BTA isn't even as light demanding as a carpet.
I agree with Viper, I'd have double that amount of light. They should also be least have T5s or Halides, but the wattages you indicate that they are PCs. PCs lack the intensity that anemones require.

good alex

ok i see i cant get anemones but with my lights are there any corals that i can get to get my 150g looking much more colorful? Im not used to saltwater tanks i just used to have a FO tank , and now i bought another tank and i want to make it a reef tank, can you tell me what i can and cant get? whats hardy enough to survive in my tank with my kind of lights? Thanks for the help earlier