carpet anemone

5.0stang

ive had this green carpet for about a week in the store he looked great we acclimated him and he still looked good but the next day he opened his mouth really big and all his intestines (thats what im guessing its is) or insides which are white started coming out A LOT covering his whole mouth, it looks like waste was coming out too with his insides he will shrink up and look really bad thena few hours later he looks fine he expands totally and his mouth is shut. can anyone help me, im worried he may be dying.
heres the best pic i could get im guessing the brown stuff is waste and the white is his insides but they have come out way more than that about 3 times the size of in the pic, covering his whole mouth but i cant get a pic of it cause he wedged himself between 2 rocks

5.0stang

its a 40 gallon yes i knwo the carpet will eventually overtake it (if it lives) but i also have a 100, and ive been testing the water everythign is normal

5.0stang

okay thanks i know im slowly turning my 100 into a reef, but does anyone knwo why he is pushing his insides out or whats going on is it normal for them to do that when they let theyre waste go? is that brown stuff even waste?

clintjj

hes trying to get the water in his system the same as the water in your tank. Did you drip acc. him? He should be fine. If after about a week he still does it check your water very close some things not to his liking or your water is still changing to much. Also check your iodine level.

F

fresnoreef

I DONT KNOW HOW TO TELL YOU THIS BUT I THINK IT IS HIS CRAP.... I'VE HAD MY ANEMONE ABOUT 9 MONTHS AND I CATCH IT DOING THAT ABOUT ONCE A MONTH. I HAVE EVEN SEEN MY FISH GO AFTER IT AND EAT THE CRAP. I WOULDN'T STRESS ABOUT IT MINE IS HAPPY AS A CLAM AND STILL LOOKIN GOOD...

dejaco

Most carpets get fed before shipping (if they eat they are usually healthy)
and yes you see crap! Animal has one oriface for both eating and excreting.
Carpets seem to eat more than other anemones so get him started with regular feedings. Good luck. I would get him into the larger tank soon.
When they do regurge alot your water volume won't allow that kind of mess.