carpet anenome in nano cube 24?

steve64

Hi, anybody have any luck with carpet anenomes in a nano cube 24? Mine has the upgraded 2x36 watt lighting..Thanks

audisteve

Not enough light. Plus carpets get around 2 to 3 feet in diameters...although yours would die before it got that big. Stick with a bulb tip.

22caddy

The clam can not be doing well. You have very little light. A carpet needs metal halide to thrive. Also they are much too large for your tank.

S

starfishjackedme

If it did fit, it would be the only thing in the tank...why not max it out with zoos and softies which your lighting in sufficient for?

steve64

i have a pr of perc clowns and they seem to swim in the evening instead of sleep..that was my concern 4 the carpet..i hear they take 2 flower pot and hammer corals..any truth to that?

ophiura

They do not need a host anemone to do OK...and you certainly don't want to add something like a flowerpot (which has a pretty poor survival record) just for clownfish. There isn't even a guarantee that they would take to the anemone you provided. Don't worry about what the fish are doing...often fish appear to be "swimming" to us when they are pretty much shut down for the evening. But be sure to keep your lights on a regular light/dark cycle.

discusking

keep softies and lps that about it, dont bother with anemones...their too much of a pain with out enough light and stable water conditions. Even a small one prob wont live that long in that size tank...Im all for exceptions, but this time i think that it is best for you not to buy the anemone...your tank is just too small and doesnt have enought light.