carpet anenomie

goingcrazy

do carpets need metal highlighting?
brother bought me one tonight AT lps cant find much on the website about them...some help please would be nice....... :help:
im running the sattellight system on my tank..
not even sure what kind of carpet it is small but kinda has a green tint to it,but dont think its a green carpet..

only had been in tank for about a hour when i took picture

i am sooooo cluless about this kinda of anenomie brother got it for me because it was so cheep
hope it looks better tomorrow

dogstar

Its a carpet and they need strong lights, metal halides are best. They do like to be on the sand and can try and feed it meaty foods. IMO that one looks pretty bad off and might be why it was cheap...dont get your hopes up on that one, sorry, hopefully you can rescue it....

goingcrazy

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Its a carpet and they need strong lights, metal halides are best. They do like to be on the sand and can try and feed it meaty foods. IMO that one looks pretty bad off and might be why it was cheap...dont get your hopes up on that one, sorry, hopefully you can rescue it....
TURNED ON LIGHTS THIS MORNING AND ITS LOOKING BETTER
CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT KINDA CARPET IT MIGHT BE?????

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: HOPFULLY WILL LOOK EVER BETTER AS THE DAY GOES ON

chunks

Just one of the asst color combos of Stichodactyla, nothing special. It needs strong lighting, and strong water movement. It also tends to move around the tank a lot. Watch out when handling it, as it can have a powerful sting. I got a nasty rash from having one brush up against the back of my hand

goingcrazy

thank you ya my brothers finger went numb after it latched on when putiing in my tank for me...my black percula likes it

chunks

haddoni tend to have more tentacles in less space, or at least packed a little tighter than the ones in his picture, but its always a possibility considering the color of the base

engineer

Looks exactly like mine, I feed mine 3-4 silversides every week. They grow very fast and get very huge. I have mine under a current orbit PC fixture, 2x96 actinic and 2x65 daylight. That was in my 55, just put him in my new 120 setup. Mine only moved once in my 55, and when I put him in the 120 he only moved about 3-4 from where I put him and sunk his foot in and has been there ever since.