CARPET ANENOMIE

miner

Yes as long as they have the room, so they don't touch each other. Carpet anenomies are very hard to keep, so be sure you have the LIGHT and ROOM too.
Hope this helps

ivan

actualy i have a lot of room right now and only have 3 in line mushroom. i also have 4 40w flo bulbs 2 18000k and 2 atinic would this work for that carpet.

junkf15

NNNOOOO!!! THAT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ENOUGH LIGHT FOR A CARPET!!! Especially if that is a 72 gal Bow front tank, they are what, 24in deep or 30in? Either way, a carpet would starve to death in less than two weeks under those lights. For a tank that deep you’re only real choice is strong MH light, 250-watt minimum, 400-watt would be better. If I am wrong about the depth, if it is only 18in deep, you could look into VHO and PC lighting or a combination of lights. You are also going to need strong circulation, a challenge with bow front tanks, and preferably a healthy maroon clown fish for it to host. Don’t forget a good skimmer.

ebeckels

i have a large (12 inch) carpet anemone in my 46 bow. I have almost 200 watts of lights and he is looking great. He's been in there for about a month and hasn't had any problems. I feed him frozen prime reef food and he seems to enjoy it. I can't tell you if the lights will be too weak over the long run, but they seem to be fine now.

pooch1

I love the carpets myself! But...I have to agree that they need an immense amount of light. I'm not sure what they cost where you live but it is a big investment. I have a 12 inch flourecent green carpet with a clark's clown fish. Mine is in the front corner of a 150 gallon tank and is rooted in the sand intead of a rock. I have 440 w of vho and my carpet is thriving. I feed it all kinds of froxen stuff a well as phytoplankton. Good luck :D

q

I was considering getting one myself but I was hesitant because I didn't want it moving around in the tank. Does it stay in the spot where you place it or does it move around to find a spot where it likes?

von_rahvin

since we will not mention the watts per gallon thing again :) just know you need ALOT of light for any corals or carpets you choose to put in your tank. i have over 1000 watts of light over my 135 gallon. (do not know of any other way to state it). before you buy any more corals or a carpet you might want to upgrade some