Cat Problems

playa

Well I haven't started my tnak yet but will soon and I am concerned about my cat and the fish? Have any of you guys had any problems or any suggestions to keep your cat away?

actionjack

I have a cat and fish. She likes to watch them but never climbs up to fish em out. Although, its kinda hard to find fish after they go carpet surfing
Other than that my cat behaves fine with my fish.

crackers

IF you have a acrylic tank I would suggest you get the cats claws removed or switch to a glass tank, the cat claws will destroy the acrylic, our cats set in front of the tank and paw at the fish, it's funny to watch. At first the fish were sorda freaked out, but now they just taunt the cats...

dirty-d

my 2 cats could care less about both my tanks.................i think they are to lazy to care though

sea horse

I'm glad I have a hood on my tank because when I take my hood of to clean the tank my cat tries to go fishing.
She actualy seems more interested in the water than the fish. (crazy cat)

playa

Originally Posted by sea horse
I'm glad I have a hood on my tank because when I take my hood of to clean the tank my cat tries to go fishing.
She actualy seems more interested in the water than the fish. (crazy cat)
That's kinda hard to find in a cat but yes my cat has no claws and when I put the tank in my cat will be like "What the?" So I was jsut wondering.

teresaq

I have a young cat that loves to watch the fish. My daughter keeps telling her that the tank is not a sushi bar

pegandgrif

YES WE HAVE HAD CAT PROBLIMS. NOT WITH SALT TANK BECOUSE OF IT'S LOCATION IN THE ROOM, BUT WITH THE FRESH WATER . WE HAVE VAULTED CIELINGS AND OUR CAT WOULD USE THE FURNITURE TO CLIMB UP TO THE PLANT SHELVING THE RUNS ALONG THE WALLS. SHE THE WOULD JUMP DOWN ONTO THE TANK GLASS TO GET DOWN. WILL THE SECOND TIME SHE BUSTED THE GLASS. WE CAME HOME TO A HALF TANK OF WATER, BROKEN GLASS AND A VEEERRY WET CAT
. LUCKLY NOT CUT.
WE CUT A PIECE OF PLEXY TO COVER IT. SHE ALSO LIKES TO DRINK THE WATER OUT OF THE OTHER TANK, AT THE FILTER, IT IS ALSO FRESH AND OUR POND THAT WE BUILT ON OUR CLOSED IN PORCH, AND YES SHE HAS GO SWIMMING IN IT TWICE. CRAZY THING. :jumping: AND TO THINK THAT THIS CAT RULES OUR HOUSE HOLD OF 5 DOGS AND ANOTHER CAT.

poniegirl

Someone posted a photo of a few cats enjoying the view, it was darling!
Do your cats like their feet wet? My guess is they would get curious just once...