cat used southdown as a litter box

c_bell

True story
I'm setting up my 125 gal today. So I put a couple of bags of southdown in to the empty aquarium and left for the LFS to pick up some water. When i got back i see my lovely cat in the aquarium covering up the.........evidence. So what sould I do?? Should I try to sift it out or scrapt the sand and start over. you cant found southdown in this area I picked up on the east coast, but i did pick up an extra 2 bags. This is not the way I wanted to cycle my tank. :confused: :confused: :mad:

buzz

Ok...now I can't stop laughing! Man that is too funny!
You should be able to scoop out the "cat-fish" waste and go ahead as planned.

broncofish

Thats funny as crap dude, I was worried about that so I actually covered my tank when I had just the sand in it.:D :D :D :D

c_bell

ok thanks guys.......I'm going to sift out the a sand and go ahead fill er' up. Thanks again.

T

thomas712

WOW :eek: Even the cats like southdown :D Maybe thats what happend to our southdown sucks poster.;)
coulnd't help it. Funny post. Keep the cat it was only doing what comes natural.
Thomas

S

simm

LOLMAO!! Well I think if you cleaned it up youd be ok. Man Id shoot me a kitty.

S

sebae0

was it urine or poop? if it was urine then theres your source of ammonia to cycle the tank. if it was poop that might work too but wont look so good. im serious i wouldnt scrap it if it was urine. think about it its ammonia

yetex

Thats funny but i have a better one for you guys. I had to go to school one day about 2-3 months ago. So i put my dogs in the bathroom like i usually do and i put a large filled paint bucket in front of the door. Well the night before i purchased four 50 lbs bags that i sat on the living room floor. I wasn't worried because they never got out of the bathroom before. Well there was always a first. I finally cam home later to find a 6 ft. circle of sand on my living room floor and my dogs wrestling around in it. I was so mad i could of shot them. They were sand covered and tracked sand all through the house. It took me almost 3 hours to clean it up. The worst part is that they ate alot of sand and were leaving little sand castles when they did their business. By the way one is a miniature daschund and the other is a cocker spaniel mix.

clarkiiboi

I honestly dont know. Take it out of course, but I seriously dont know if that will cause problems or help the cycle along?! I think you stumped us all!! My problem is if I dont cover my containers of FW flake food mix, my cats take it upon theirselves to jump onto the top of a 150 and..............you know the rest! Gotta love um reguardless.

clarkiiboi

I couldn't resist---"whats Caddy Shack??!!! A classic---I guess I'm showing my age. Kinda along with "you'll shot your eye out" LOL