Catch of the Day ( Took my sons fishing)

vinsaltank

A bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work..
But a good day of fishing is what we had today..
Bass and Perch.
The biggest bass I caught was 17" long and 5lbs,2oz.
Guess what were having for dinner tomorrow?

vinsaltank

We used a bunch of top water floaters , live nightcrawlers with weighted worm jigs,
and minnows.
Hmm, how too cook...
Well, I eat alot of fish, probably 4 meals a week.
I prefer trout over bass, but it will still be tasty.
I will filet the big ones, leaving the skin on one side.
using a sharp knife< I will lift the skin off the filet but try not to detach it completely from the meat..
I will put about 2-3 pats of butter on each filet, just under the skin I lifted up.
I will use course ground black pepper and course salt sprinkled right on the white fillet.
A 12x12 sheet of foil with the filet, ( skin side up..) in the middle of the sheet,
fold the foil over the fish , but not completely sealing the foil air tight.
BROIL about 10 mins at 350deg inside the closed foil wrap, then pull the oven grate out and unwrapp the foil covering the filet, ( be careful of the steam inside..)
Back under the broiler for like 5 more mins to crisp up the skin for EZ peeling...
And BANG.. Bass filet that taste delicious and a nice fish taste that isnt covered up by breading and frying..
Good luck.

thangbom

umm so whats so wrong about cleaning the fish in the kitchen sink?? i mean.. it is the kitchen.. it's ther to prepare food.... so what wrong??

nofish

we eat alot of saltwater fish :happyfish down here not to many people eat freshwater fish. sound good maybe i'll give it a try. :happyfish

bergamer

i once caught the largest fish in the world...it was 20 feet long and it was a gold fish.. but it got away

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by salty tank
NICE! I am goin out on lake erie tuesday for yellow perch. I hope i catch a whole lot.
Where abouts in ohio are you? I'm in the cleveland area... and lake erie fish... hope they don't have 3 eyes... lmao!!! It reminds me of the simpson where mr. burns puts all of the nuclear waste in the water...
J/k it's not that bad, but the beach near where i live is gross... dead fish everywhere... yucky!!!
Also, we went fishing on "lake bob" in canada, and we caught some bass, northern pike, and some other stuff... It was funny too... we bought beer batter to cook it up in. The directions read: "...Add one can of beer, less one swig..." lol. I couldn't believe those were the actual instructions. lol

Jenn