catching a fish with another fish.

lazypinoy

i spent 4 hours chasing my tomato around but it keeps hiding in my tunnels. i have too much rockwork to diassemble and numerous tunnels. i was wondering if i can get a maroon clown fish to do the job for me and kick my tomatoes ass and possible enought to kill him or stress him enough to catch in a net. would the maroon even do such a thing though???

sepulatian

Originally Posted by LazyPinoy
i spent 4 hours chasing my tomato around but it keeps hiding in my tunnels. i have too much rockwork to diassemble and numerous tunnels. i was wondering if i can get a maroon clown fish to do the job for me and kick my tomatoes ass and possible enought to kill him or stress him enough to catch in a net. would the maroon even do such a thing though???
Come on Pinoy, you knew you were going to get flamed for this. First, why do you need the tomato caught. Second, why would you want him dead????? What's going on in your tank?

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Come on Pinoy, you knew you were going to get flamed for this. First, why do you need the tomato caught. Second, why would you want him dead????? What's going on in your tank?
i want the tomato caught because he's become ugly. and i want perculas or maroons now. i bought a mated pair of percs that he harasses (percs are now in another 45 gallon tank). last night i tried every tatic i could to catch this freakin fish. 1st i tried a shop vac(ahaha). then i tried the chase with a net, then i tried a stick with sewing needles as a

[hr]
(skinned his back side), then i tried the mirrors in the tank as dividers which almost worked but didnt, then i tried spearing him in his sleep but couldnt beacuse hes in a cave.
ahh...if imma get flamed then so be it. this tomato is gonna die! muahahaha

if i seem to harsh its beacuse i chased him for a total of 6 hours....!!!
n e ways so what about tha maroon thing??

promisetbg

How about this, take the Tomato out & take him back to the LFS for credit, or just even so he can find a better home. I am sure someone in your area would love to have him. Here is how to get the fish out. Prepare a water change. Take most of the water out of the tank, into buckets. Take down the top rocks if needed. Take out fish to holding container or bag. Replace rock, replace water.

promisetbg

I was negative with my first post & I apologize, I have edited it to be a positive. Please do not kill the fish.

hatessushi

I think the best thing you can do is take all the rock out of the tank catch all the fish and put in a bucket and take to the LFS to sell them back. Then empty the tank and remove the LS if you have LS. Take down the filter system and clean take real well. Find a forum like this one and post all of your equipment for sale. Sorry it's not really a flame just a recommendation.

lazypinoy

ouch, i got burned. well id kindly take him to the lfs but he s not goin to cooperate. no im not selling shi*.its not my money spent there so its not my decision. "im just maintainence." im not terrorizing fish.. just this fish in particular. well thanks for ur sugestions and negativity but i caught him last night. hes at a "better place" and its not in a lfs.....

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by promisetbg
How about this, take the Tomato out & take him back to the LFS for credit, or just even so he can find a better home. I am sure someone in your area would love to have him. Here is how to get the fish out. Prepare a water change. Take most of the water out of the tank, into buckets. Take down the top rocks if needed. Take out fish to holding container or bag. Replace rock, replace water.

id do that but i have finals this week. i was at the point of doing that but i dont have time to reaqua scape the entire tank. it took me and another person 2 days to fully aqua scape that thing the first time.

hatessushi

Well that's good to hear you got him withiut killing him so I will take the second half of that post back...edit

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by HatesSushi
Well that's good to hear you got him withiut killing him so I will take the second half of that post back...edit
well thanks. guess i just had to steam. but what if i had did tha maroon thing. would tha maroon stand a chnace?

hatessushi

yes, the maroon is the most aggressive of the clowns. I have one with a trigger and the trigger doesn't bother him because the clown put him in his place and the clown is 1.5 inches, the trigger is just over 5 inches.

thud

You want to take it out beacause it's gone ugly. I think it's owner is ugly.
You'd probably throw away your newborn if you saw that it was abnormal in some way.
You're disgusting.

ser_cyclops

ouch, i got burned. well id kindly take him to the lfs but he s not goin to cooperate. no im not selling shi*.its not my money spent there so its not my decision. "im just maintainence." im not terrorizing fish.. just this fish in particular. well thanks for ur sugestions and negativity but i caught him last night. hes at a "better place" and its not in a lfs.....
lol nice dude the one guy that told you to sell your junk is a freaking jerk...

ser_cyclops

Originally Posted by thud
You'd probably throw away your newborn if you saw that it was abnormal in some way.
You're disgusting.
dude and quit with the baby crap dude thats not even funny to joke about somthing like that and you can join the other guy in the jerk section. guys its just a fish they die daily you all are over reacting.

lazypinoy

You're disgusting.
ok now ur just stupid. arent i entitled to my opinions? what ur my mama now? yes i think i think tomatoes are ugly and some people think other fish look ugly too. i think ur attitude is a little bit more ugly than my tomato. grow up dude.
jerk
lets keep swf a place for q n a not insults and putdowns. can we try that thud?

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by SeR_Cyclops
dude and quit with the baby crap dude thats not even funny to joke about somthing like that and you can join the other guy in the jerk section. guys its just a fish they die daily you all are over reacting.
thank u ur my hero!

ser_cyclops

i agree lol... but no joke this thread has helped me a ton in deciding what direction i want to venture in my sw ways.. two thumbs up to swf.com woot

kiddie lala

You're disgusting.

Look whos talking. I'd mine ur own business. I read most of your post and you haven't helped people as much as Lazy did. Plus your talking in ways that might anger people by such rude anologies. Who are you to judge the way he reacts to a fish. bringing in a newborn baby in to the subject is just plain DISGUSTING.

lazypinoy

ironic isnt it. here someone came to flame me but instead flamed him self... well wow.. so its settled then? a maroon can kick a tomatoes butt??