Catching Damsels

derrickt

It is merely impossible to catch damsels with rocks in your aquarium. My best bet would be to use a large, clean transparent bag and chase the damsels in there. How do I know? Because I had to catch my two damsels with my rocks work. Even though it took a while, it worked. They will not see the transparent bag and will freely swim to it if chased.

justyn

put a tight piece of dried coral or barnacles in the tank and see if the make home. If they do like mine did, they will defend it. So, when you stick your hand in the tanks, the frisky little damsels with run to their home to defend it. That's when you remove the decor from the tank with them in it. At least it worked for two out of three of mine. The last one is being a little more stubborn

von_rahvin

too catch fish in my tank i "spot light" them. I have a 1 million candle power hand spot that u use to run the inlet at night. I leave a net in the tank for a day. Then after the lights go out for am hour or two. creep up on the tank raise the hood and hit the fish with the spot. after taking my tank apart once to catch a fish i have done this. Works great.

a way is try cutting a plastic soda bottle in half with the cover and clean it. put both halfs in the tank and hope they make it a home and if they do they usually go to it when you stick your hand in there and just cover the hole and take the whole thing out. or put the net in put a couple flakes on top and scoop them out. another way is buy a large grouper. GOOd LUCK. i hate catching damsels so i usually leave them in.
[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: TRIGAHAPPYQUEEN ]