catching fish

sleasia

I can't remember where someone was asking how to catch fish...I tried to explain how I do it but pics are worth a thousand words, so today when I had to catch my bangaii cardinal and one of my clowns to transfer into the new tank, I decided to take pics....I use a piece of acrylic, or two pieces, which are actually the lids to the tank and use them like a door. with it swung a bit open I entice the fish in with food and then close it up trapping the fish, then they are in a smaller "coralled" area where it becomes much easier to net them or catch them in a container. When setting up a tank, its a good idea to leave one end at least with very little rockwork so that doing this then becomes pretty easy, and you don't have to move so much rockwork out of the way....

lucky?

It took me a year and a half to figure that system out. One day it just popped into my head and makes it extremely easy to catch what your trying to get. Just to add another tip, make sure the dividers are flush with the glass of the tank. The 1st time I did it there was a tiny gap and my sohal tore almost half of his body escaping from the trap.