Catching peppermint shrimp

alyssia

Does anyone have any tips for catching peppermint shrimp? I need to get them out of my 75 and into my 55. I'm sick to death of them stealing the food I give my corals and brittle star. :mad:

fishieness

i will lend you my CBS for a day or two. that should be pleanty of time. plus they are bigger so they are easier to remove ***)
no? maybe my fuzzy dwarf or valentini will do the trick

try putting your hand in the tank, when it comes up to clean your hand, try grabbing it?

alyssia

Originally Posted by fishieness
i will lend you my CBS for a day or two. that should be pleanty of time. plus they are bigger so they are easier to remove ***)
no? maybe my fuzzy dwarf or valentini will do the trick

try putting your hand in the tank, when it comes up to clean your hand, try grabbing it?

I figure I probably could catch one in my hand pretty easily, but I did that once with a cleaner shrimp and he bit me or something and it HURT. I had a cut on my hand, I don't know if he tried to clean it or something so now I'm afraid of all my shrimp.

alyssia

Originally Posted by Spectre879
Attract them with food at the top of the tank and then quickly net them while they are feeding.

Thanks, I will try that.

ryanhayes9

:happyfish
Originally Posted by alyssia
I figure I probably could catch one in my hand pretty easily, but I did that once with a cleaner shrimp and he bit me or something and it HURT. I had a cut on my hand, I don't know if he tried to clean it or something so now I'm afraid of all my shrimp.

LOL THATS FUNNY sorry bout yr cut though

fishieness

Originally Posted by alyssia
I'm afraid of all my shrimp.

ouch! well maybe a CBS would not be a good thing. haha

fishy7

I put some food in a net and when they climbed in, they were done. ***) Managed to get my 5 out in 5 mins. Good luck.

spectre879

I had a Skunk once that use to come up to the top of the tank and latch onto my hand. I once accidentily pulled him out.

At the same time I had a CBS. He use to chase the Skunk but never could catch him. He did get me a few times with his claws. :scared: