Caulerpa/Anthelia

jeg

2 things:
1. I have a piece of Feather Caulerpa in my tank that is growing like crazy. Should I leave it in there? Trim it? Yank the whole thing out?
2. I have about 8 Anthelia Polyps that came with a detritovore package. They are stuck to the inside of half an oyster shell. Should I remove them from the shell and put them on a rock? Right now the shell is lying at the bottom of the tank. The polyps are growing like crazy, but i would guess that they would colonize if they were on a rock.
Thanks!

turbojoe

IMO...I would TRIM the algea back..IF you dont like it. When TRIMMING ....DONT use scissors or a knife to CUT it,rather.......use a MACERATION technique.Place the stem/stalk between your finger and thumb and PINCH and TWIST. :)

csunracer

Jeg:
Would you be willing to ship some of that caulerpa to me?? I've been looking for it everywhere in southern cali and can't find it. I'd be willing to pay for shipping =)

csunracer

Jeg:
Would you be willing to ship some of that caulerpa to me?? I've been looking for it everywhere in southern cali and can't find it. I'd be willing to pay for shipping =)
Please email me at swhite5@socal.rr.com if you can