Caulerpa for sale/trade

mushroom_man

I have some caulerpa for sale or trade if anyone is interested. Right now, I have the green, flat-leafed variety, (not sure of scientifical name--maybe caulerpa racemosa?) I will try to get some pics taken if anyone is interested. I would like to trade for other types too, especially grape caulerpa.
BTW, what is a fair price to ask for such stuff, I think it is sold by the ounce or handful. All of the LFS will not sell, maybe I can sell to them, how much should I ask for in trade?
Thanks everyone! :cool:

jeo

At my LFS it is $10 for a little cup (the ones they sell betas in) which I think is a rip off, i don't really know how much they would buy it for though, i think trading is your best bet.

$altydog

I think it is more of a question of supply and demand. My LFS sells razor caulerpa for $3 for a baseball sized clump, but I would gladly pay more for different varieties, i.e.Grape, Feather.

My LFS rarely has any and charges an arm and a leg for it when they do. Fortunately it grows well in a refugium so if you buy a little you can have a lot in a short time. I have the grape and a red variety in my refugium. It keeps my tangs happy, they eat all I can grow. You are lucky if your LFS gives it to you.

jeo

ok I guess i should stop complaining, a cup for $10 sounds like a great deal, maybe I will go buy some lol :cool:

rlv695

a cup for 10$....shoot... here a piece 12"long cost 19.95$... a ripper... so i buy else where .. when i can

aquaworld75

mushroom_man
Hey just saw the post I know it is a little late but was wondering if you still were looking to sell some caulerpa.
I dont have any to trade but would be willing to buy.
Just drop me a line at jose184@juno.com
I live in Athens, GA 30605
thanks
:D

mini-reefer

The only LFS that sells it in my area wants $10 for a 12" runner. Bad part is its the only kind that doesn't like my water that I've found. I have had up to six types but they all were eventually taken over by my grape, the only kind I have left.
Mushroom man, if ya wanna trade bag for bag I'd be up for it. Drop me an email here