Caulerpa verticillata - or a variation .. please ID

dhraako

http://www.gettysburg.edu/~rcavalie/bda_i/073.html
check this picture out..now the one I have is like a ground creeper..it creeps along the rocks but has the EXACT same look to it...each extending peice looks the same (with the feathery look) but is around 1 cm tall..and the whole plant is connected together with a thin branchy streemer system (think starberries)...the look similar to the leaf less brach on the right side of the picture....does anyone know if there is a variantion of this species and if it is dangerous to my reef tank...it is growing basically everywhere that its other branches or feather parts have floated too...once there (usually on hair algea colonies) .. it over grows and kills the hair algae and then slowly increases its colony size..no clue what it feeds on (considdering my hair algae is stagnant do to low phosphates..nitrates..etc) ... but its confusing
any help would be welcome.
thanks
:notsure:

dhraako

on a personal update, the form of algae I linked is the type I have....did some more research and found some pictures exactly like the type I have..not to sure where I got it...but anywho I'm still looking for if its good or not in my tank (apparently its not in California or the Mediteranian..plaque like growth)....I havn't been able to find any specific info on the bad or good with verticillata so any help would be welcome. :notsure: