CB Shrimp Molting?

I bought a clean up crew last friday. I looked in my tank today and noticed my CB Shrimp had shed his outer layer. I am not sure exactly what this means. Please help.
I also noticed that my blue let hermit already left his shell for a larger one. Are my inverts OK?
Thanks

adrian

They are fine, nothing to worry about :) The shrimp will shed its exoskeleton as it grows, and your hermits will find larger shells as they grow. HTH

katherine

I have a cleaner and a CB shrimp, both have molted once already. The exoskeleton is inert, causing no pollution, so you do not need to remove it. However, the CB excoskeleton is so attractive you may want to remove it, dry it, and preserve it intact with a coat of varnish. I have done this, and my daughter (a nature loving child) loves it because she gets to collect them. Depending on the species, the age when bought, and water conditions, shrimps should live 2-3 years. They will shed the exoskeleton at regular intervals, allowing further growth and the regeneration of damaged or missing limbs.