Centerpiece Fish

kelldog4

Hey I was just looking for some input here. Ive got a 60G with 2 percs and a royal Gramma. What would you add as the real eyecatcher fish?
Also, how many more fish would you add?
looking forward to your answers
Thx,
KDS

nm reef

Long term in that size display I'd consider a flame or coral beauty...but both can be problematic if you keep corals. Most of the tangs and angels that would be considered "show piece specimans" would grow too large long term.
I must confess though...my center piece fish are a hippo tang and a foxface lo...but I am soon doubling my display size and they are both around 4" now...in time they will be the "center piece specimans" along with my tomato clown/coral beauty/lawnmower blenny.

Home of
New Mexico Reef

nmreef@cox.net

kelldog4

Hmm, yeah. From most of the stuff I have read I would consider my tank too small for tangs and any but a couple of pygmy angels. You guys would suggest these for a 60g??

jen p

I wouldn't recomend two pygmy angels together. When there are two or more in a tank they tend to be aggressive toward each other. But they're not usually aggressive toward other fish so one pygmy would be great.

kelldog4

Read up a little more on flame angels. I think it would be asking this guy alot to be happy in my 60 AND not eat my corals.
Other suggestions???

I concur on the flame angel. I think he would be fine, you can have problematic ones, but overall I hear good behavior reports.

wrassecal

I love the sixline wrasse. May not be an eyecatcher up front but, he ends up being the one everyone watches. Awesome to watch them swim in and out of the rockwork. If you try a dwarf angel I think a coral beauty is a little less risk than a flame. Need a tank with lots of algae and stability for a dwarf angel.

kelldog4

Now that looks like a great fish. Send me $250.00 and I'll be sure to send you this first picture as soon as he's in my tank!!;)