Central Florida

blue oasis

Looking for other people in the Tampa Bay Area who are interested in talking / meeting about their tanks.
We are still very new to this hobby and any advice would be helpful.
N & G

speg

Heya, about 20 miles from Palm Harbor and do quite a bit of work there. Anytime you wanna visit the fish stores.. im game :)

speg

As long as you're not an axe murderer.. then sure. Then even if you are... as long as you make it quick and painless... game on!

blue oasis

I have been purchasing lately our coral from a fish store in Oldsmar, thay seem to have a good selection and the prices are not too bad.
We just purchased a red tip frog spawn and a green open brain
N & G

speg

Whats the name of the store? I know like every fish store within a 40 mile radius of my house :p

blue oasis

Speg,
The name of the fish store is called Fish & Other Ichthy Things onn Tampa Road.
We just bought Xena today and a Fuji Cup (Turbinia)
N & G

oceana

same goes for me. anytime. i visit every store in stpete and tampa atleast twice a week. your more then welcome to come along. then you can come buy and view our frag tanks and displays.
theabels@knology.net

pasafire

I work in tampa area alot and would love to go out to some fish stores for fun while I'm there... I work all over the state actually... will be in clearwater/largo this week ;-) Always willing to drive for a good fish store or someones house that wants to sell some rocks frags or good equip!

blue oasis

If everyone would like to get together Saturday morning and go to some of the fish stores let me know the three that we go to are:
1. Fish & Other Ichthy Things - Oldsmar
2. Marine Warehouse - Tampa
3. Creative Ocean - Tampa
Would like to see what other places are out there. We can all meet at lets say Dunkin Donuts they are all over so which ever one is best let me know.

speg

Well.. not this Saturday ;)
Around me I have
Springhill - Pet Paradise, Get tanked.
New Port Richey - Mini-reef, Fosters Exotic Pets, Aquatic Visions, Bobs Feathered Friends.
Holiday - Holiday Aquarium
Dunedin - Exotic Aquatics

oceana

yea not this sat (christmas eve) not next sat (new years eve) but the next works great for me. we can all have a run for corals type meeting. maybe all bring a few frags to trade . sounds good to me

oceana

sure. but i hope you have alot of frags. right now its up to 580 on the big e.
and to make you even more anoid at me i just got another on this morning at sear essentials in stpete. i was on a waiting list and someone did not pick theres up so i was next on the list.
i would not worry about it to much. if you watch ---- they are coming down alot in price already and soon they will be everywhere in the normal stores. i'm guessing that inanotehr 2 weeks they will not be as hard to come by

blue oasis

So, it looks like we are all going to meet in 2 weeks and go visit some of the local stores.
We are going to make our own food this weekend for the fish. Going to the store to buy some shrimp, scallops, salmon and any other ideas.. going to add 4 teaspoons of water and a drop Extreme Garlic and Centepeded for protein add it all into a food processor and then pour it into small ice cube trays and freeze.
We never did this before, but the kids are really looking forward to this project.
N & G

blue oasis

O yea as for the XBOX, we went with the PSP and portable DVD player for each of the kids so when we go on trips they can watch their own movies..