central floridians

judyk

How about letting us know how you made it through the storm. I was in Daytona yesterday at my usual lfs, they had lost about 75% of their corals. The corals were melted. What a depressing mess. Many are still just getting services and I worry how they and their tanks made it especially in Orlando. It is so devistating.
Judy

tobruk

DeLand I didnt even lose power in the storm
My sister and friends in Deltona are still waiting on power but no damage to their property.
Curious which LFS in Daytona? My wife went to Posiedens and said they lost almost all the livestock.

ajwaters

some off them might not have the electricity back yet. i know port charlotte is still out, bartow. and quite a few others. that didn't even get the brunt of the storm.
i wish the best of luck to all.

vyperone

Went by Poseidens on that Sunday around 3pm and they had just got a small generator. I was sick with what I saw. Then I got mad because with all of the tanks they have, why in the world did they not have a generator on hand in the first place.
I figure if you are going to have that much invested in livestock, why would you not buy a generator for emergencies? Especially considering the amount of times the power does got out around here even without hurricanes....
At any rate, I bought a generator prior to the storm just in case... Lucky I did as my power was out for two days... Then I loaned it out to another guy who had four tanks running on a battery powered bubbler...
Now I need to get a chiller as my tank temp got pretty high without the AC running... Again lucky I had ice bottles in the freezer for such an emergency...
I hope no one else lost too much...

judyk

We bought a generator, too. Our power goes out daily with the storms. Living in a rural area, we knew we would have to be on our own for quite awhile. I'm having second thoughts on getting MH's. The generators can only handle so much and the fridge and freezer are pretty important.
Judy

vyperone

Judy - I have a 3500 watt unit and ran 2 fridges, a freezer, portable fan, halogen light for general lighting, my mag drive 2400, and one 150 MH... No problem! You should of just seen the extension cords though...
Gonna work on wiring it into my electrical panel this weekend so I can get away from all those cords....