central ohio reefers

dicemanj

I need to buy sand. Any suggestions on where to buy it. The only thing I can find is quickrete at lowes and HD.
Any suggestions.

E

essop3

I read in another post that someone found Southdown in several Home Depot around Cincinatti.

cwalters

Check the Home Depot in Reynoldsburg on Brice Rd. I have seen it there before. Or for the cheapest LS that I have seen check out Aquatic Specialties in Heath, Ohio. Great LFS

razoreqx

Originally posted by cwalters
Check the Home Depot in Reynoldsburg on Brice Rd. I have seen it there before. Or for the cheapest LS that I have seen check out Aquatic Specialties in Heath, Ohio. Great LFS

They have it.. I got some there.

razoreqx

Isnt there also a Aquatic lighting store in Reynoldsburg? IM trying to find them and having no luck

perchpsk

i live in pittsburgh but work a lot in columbus, are there any good lfs there? if so what are they.

cwalters

Originally posted by RazorEQX
Isnt there also a Aquatic lighting store in Reynoldsburg? IM trying to find them and having no luck

I'm not sure, what kind of lighting are you looking for?
I can get pfo lighting.

razoreqx

I'm not sure, what kind of lighting are you looking for?
I can get pfo lighting.

A nice MH light with exteral ballast.. retro fit...etc.. Something nice and under $400

dicemanj

Razor, how long ago did you get in from the Reynoldsburg store, I was there earlier this week and did not see it. I will call to check.
Jason

razoreqx

Originally posted by dicemanj
Razor, how long ago did you get in from the Reynoldsburg store, I was there earlier this week and did not see it. I will call to check.
Jason

About four months ago.. was before Winter im thinking..

dicemanj

I just called the HD in Reynoldsburg, they do not have it. The only thing the have is a premium play sand, and the white play sand from Quickrete, which is screened, washed, and dried. From what I can gather on this board this may not be good to use. I was thinking of using 50lbs of this for the middle, and then put aragonite and LS from the pet store around the edges and on top. What do you think. Any other suggestions.
Jason

I work at the Anderson's Warehouse and we will be shipping southdown play sand to the stores on Brice R.D. and Sawmill stores in a couple of weeks so when we ship them I'll let you know the dates so you fine reefer's can get it before it is gone.:yes:

dicemanj

that will be great, I live in Pickerington and I am had the brice road store at least once a week.
can't wait
Thanks again

T

thomas712

Glad to hear things are going to work out for ya dicemanj :yes:
Good luck and let us know when you get it and make the change over.
Thomas