chaeto in tank?

buffett

can i add this directly to the tank and will it do any good just in the tak itself ? i do not have a fuge, but i am thinking about getting a hob one if i can.

maxalmon

Yes, you can add it directly to the tank, not the most attractive of the macro algaes to have on display, you won't have any problems.

buffett

Originally Posted by maxalmon
Yes, you can add it directly to the tank, not the most attractive of the macro algaes to have on display, you won't have any problems.
lol your right its not great to look at but i was wondering if i put it kinda behind some rock but still able to get a little light would that work as well?

S

scighera

It should be fine as long as it's getting some flow and some light. It won't have any negitive effects

dragonboy

some people put it in a container with holes drill into it so it won't get all over the place because parts of it can be broken off. But its fine to leave it in there.

crashbandicoot

If you put it in your DT your gonna have to keep it trimmed back . It will slowely (ha ha ha ) take over the whole tank.

teresaq

they have these neat little plastice baskets in the bath department. they have suction cups and lots of wholes. I have seen people use those. just stuff your chaeto in there