Chaeto question!?!

roadrunner

I just placed some chaeto in my fuge and i was wondering whether or not chaeto goes sexual? Can i turn my lights off when i go to sleep (since the fuge is next to my bed)? Will this have any negative affect?
Thanks!

lion_crazz

Nope, you can turn the lights off without worry. Chaeto is not like caulerpa in that way (going sexual).

mikeyjer

Since lion already point out they do not go asexual. I would personally leave the lights on the fuge while the main tank light is off. I set mine on a timer, 12:30pm-12:30am main tank lights on, 12:30am-12:30pm fuge lights on. I have the opposite light cycle, it is also recommanded to leave the fuge lights on 24/7 Is there anyway you can place the fuge somewhere hidden so not much lights would show?? I have mine under the cabinet, the tank is located right next to my bed. I'm used to the low dim lights that comes out from the back of the tank....If you choose to leave it off, that is fine as well.... :happyfish

reefnut

Ditto... run the refuge lights opposite of your tank's lights. Doing this will help stabilize the tank's PH.

roadrunner

i was running it 24/7 but there are times when i cant sleep with it...i do everything i can first to try and fall asleep with the light still on but some nights its just to much! There is no way for me to fit it anywere else!