Change the website

wonderd44

Was not aware it has been an issue for so long, haven't been here since 2010. I wonder why they don't bother fixing it. Thousands of people use IE.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderd44 http:///t/396103/change-the-website/20#post_3528758
Was not aware it has been an issue for so long, haven't been here since 2010. I wonder why they don't bother fixing it. Thousands of people use IE.
I think it has to do with the Huddler platform they use. You might want to do a search, may have to enable or dissable some things in your browser settings to get it to act right. I ended up switching over to google chrome back when they first changed the platform due to all of the issues I had viewing the site. A lot of folks did. Seemed like everytime they would make a change or an update it would screw something up for someone.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I am using Win8 IE11on my laptop and I can see that page with no miniature issues. However, what is screencast? There isn't really anything on that page except this:

I have not encountered problems using IE11 on this site.
Also, Win8 is not as bad as its made out to be.

My sister hates windows 8. I have not used it. But she hates how she's always having to switch back & forth between the "new way" & "old way" to do simple tasks. It just seems like they rushed its release & didn't listen to consumers.
This is kinda a side topic, but I've used Microsoft's X-Box since the 1st generation. But I'm seriously thinking about making the switch to PS because of all the issues with the new Xbox. I'm not sure what is going on with the company. But changing just for the sake of change isn't always a good thing.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I agree its a side topic and we probably shouldn't hijack this topic, but I wouldn't mind debating the issue in the Aquarium forum. For those who feel they have to go back and forth on Windows 8, I'm feeling they probably haven't adjusted to the new OS.

2quills

My sister hates windows 8. I have not used it. But she hates how she's always having to switch back & forth between the "new way" & "old way" to do simple tasks. It just seems like they rushed its release & didn't listen to consumers.
This is kinda a side topic, but I've used Microsoft's X-Box since the 1st generation. But I'm seriously thinking about making the switch to PS because of all the issues with the new Xbox. I'm not sure what is going on with the company. But changing just for the sake of change isn't always a good thing.
Yep this would be a good topic since the new systems will be hitting the market soon. Cant think of any good reason why folks would stick with xbox. I couldn't believe the terms they had announced earlier in the year in order to use their product, how rediculous. Who does microsoft think they are, Apple?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I created a topic in the aquarium so lets discuss OS there rather then here.

wonderd44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/396103/change-the-website/20#post_3528789
I am using Win8 IE11on my laptop and I can see that page with no miniature issues. However, what is screencast? There isn't really anything on that page except this:

I have not encountered problems using IE11 on this site.
Also, Win8 is not as bad as its made out to be.
Screen cast is just a software that captures screen shots. Windows 8 is not bad at all. It just has features that are pointless for desktops lol.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not getting the purpose of this on SWF or how you found this. There is nothing workable on that particular page.

wonderd44

That link is a screen shot of what I see on my end. and the red outlined part is the problem. Maybe you don't see the problem because your using IE 11. I am viewing it on IE 10