Changed MH bulb....question?

fishtanker

Yesterday i changed out my Iwasaki for an XM. I screwed in the new bulb and all it does is keep flickering like its trying to fire and when it eventually does it goes out a minute later.
I called the online depot i bought it from and they said thats common when buring in new bulbs and it takes about 2 days.
Is that correct? This is my first MH bulb change..

golfish

Originally posted by fishtanker
Yesterday i changed out my Iwasaki for an XM. I screwed in the new bulb and all it does is keep flickering like its trying to fire and when it eventually does it goes out a minute later.
I called the online depot i bought it from and they said thats common when buring in new bulbs and it takes about 2 days.
Is that correct? This is my first MH bulb change..

I don't think its common but it does happen. They told me the samething a few months ago when I fired up a bulb I just bought from them. I've used maybe 20-30 MH bulbs ove the years and I've never had that problem before.. It took about 6 trys to fire it up but it did work and I've had no problems since.
I have to ask you this since your were using the Iwaski bulb. What ballast are you using?

fishtanker

i'm using an M59 ballast from hellolights...so its 400wt, magnetic probe start.
It was still doing it last night which is 24hours now