?Changing blue face angel???

sleasia

I have had this blue face angel now going on three years!!!! and I just accepted the fact that he/she probably wasn't goig to change in captivity....but then yesterday and today I noticed this....is he/she changing???

nicetry

Without a before/after picture, it's hard to say what exactly you're noticing but the fish is definitely going through the color morph. While there's no set time on this, it can take several months to complete. Some don't make a complete transformation in captivity. How big is the fish? My blue face had almost complete adult colors at 4-5 inches. Usually after that, there are more subtle changes and a deepening of colors in certain areas. Thats a nice looking fish.

sleasia

Well now that I see these old and new pics side by side, it definately looks like he's changing. his tail now is all yellow and he is retaining a blue "dot" on his back near his tail...I see this is the normal pattern of the adult color change. so cool. I will take pics periodically so we can see the progress. Thanks for your help