chaos in tank

mattinwa

My 75 gal fowlr tank has been running for 6 months or so. I stocked it with a longnose hawkfish, blue spotted puffer and pink skunk clown. Months later I added a yellow watchman goby, small pink clown. Last month I added 3 beau gregory damsels and a sunrise dottyback. That day, the dottyback was attacked and later died. The next day, 1 damsel was dead and another was missing half a tail. A couple days ago I added a dragon wrasse and he was dead the next morning. My water tested fine. Can you tell me if I should remove any of these fishes?

btldreef

You've got an aggressive little tank!
The damsels probably picked each other off and quite possibly could be attacking new additions. I've never owned a peaceful yellow watchmen goby either. Puffers and hawkfish are also 50/50 on whether they are aggressive or not. Given that you have numerous semi-aggressive fish, they're more likely to all be aggressive, especially to newcomers.

mattinwa

the yellow watchman stays under a rock and never bothers anyone. The hawkish, puffer and mature clown are all about 2.5 inches and seem to be the aggressors. I didn't see any compatibility issues with the dottyback on any chart and the LFS suggested the dragon wrasse. The damsels are only 1 inch. I just want to restore peace in my tank. Any advice on future species? I'm contemplating removing the damsels today.