Chattanooga, Tenn?

andrewmack

Hey, where do you buy your fish? there is a place in rossville called fish yip. they have really good prices but im afraid his information is inacurate. he told me i could keep a small tank in a 5ga tank along with two small clowns. got any pics of your tank?

sailfin

Yes I do have some tank pics. I get most of my stuff from Michael's Aquatic Den here in Cleveland. I do get some corals from Bermuda Triangle in Chatt town.

sailfin

The "green thing" is an open brain coral. Tank size is not an issue as much as lighting. What kind of lights do you have over your tank??

andrewmack

these are the lights i intend on getting. i really wanted to buy a nano cube deluxe24, but i cant come up with 250 all at once, im slowly going to biuld my tank so i plan on getting a 25 tall. it says this light is standard but cant i just buy a coralife bulb?
24 inch 10,000K AQUARIUM COMPACT LIGHT saltwater
BRAND NEW STILL IN THE BOX JEBO 24 inch dual Compact Fluorescent Fixture
DIMENSION 24" long , 6 3/4" wide, 2 3/4" this is the standard size for most 20 gallons
Retail price is 99.00
110 watts total output.
FREE! 55 watt Daylight bulb 10,000K.
FREE! 55 watt Actinic bulb.
Non-corrosive Powder coated aluminum housing.
Acrylic anti-splash guard.
On/Off switch.
Built in reflector for more efficient light output.
Quality tested electronic ballast.
http://cgi.----.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...364107469&rd=1

sailfin

If you are looking at going the power compact route, do a search on ---- for the Coralife lights. They now include moonlights and all for around $130 in the size you are looking at. With those lights you would have no problem keeping the LPS corals like the open brain.

andrewmack

ok. i am starting to have second thoughts on this SW tank. the tank will end up costing me near 500 to start. i might just got buy a 55ga an get some oscar'. they are really cool to watch eat. + i wanna buy a snoopy fishing pole an catch a few :D

sailfin

It is expensive and requires a lot of dedication. Mine was pushing $2000.00 with all of the equipment I got.

andrewmack

yea. im just thinking it may end up costing to much and i will end up with cheap products. and i can start an oscar/cichlid tank for under 200- a 55gallon.

andrewmack

a LFS told me i could get a 10ga tank, an use a powerhead and that will keep the nitrates down an i can have two very small clown fish and after they get about 3'' each i can sell them back to the store an buy two new small ones. i might do that

andrewmack

she also told me since its such a small tank i can just replace the light bulb with a coralife bulb, i wont need a new fixture

andrewmack

i may do that, and save up for like 2 months an get some good lighting. cause i really want an anemone. the LFS said i can get soft corals if i just use a coralife bulb with that hood.