cheapest filler rock????

chris23

I need to fill a 155 gallon tank with some filler rock and I need to know what the cheapest, but best rock is for that. I want to build it about half way up the tank and then add real live rock on top of the filler rock. Please help........ Thanks chris

N

nanoambiance

Also check around for people's used reef rock that they have left over from tearing down tanks. One of the few uses of the LFS is that they sell large reef rock chunks for cheap, so you can build up and then add your live stuff on top, make it look good. Good luck.

beaslbob

I just purchased enough materials to make 200 pounds of rock for around $20.00. You might want to try that. Plus you can mold it into the shape you want. Down side is 1) it is a lot of work and 2) takes time to cure.

aarone

concrete looks unsightly as well. Base rock is the best natural way to go. Unless you are an expert conrete molder, and can make it look good around a PVC frame, then go for it!:D

polarpooch

Free rock is the best rock. I bought one piece of tufa once because it was really pretty. It seems silly to pay someone for stuff I can find all over for nothing.
No one is ever at the quarry near my place, so I've never been charged there, either.
I also scan around when I'm walking for good pieces of rock.

cool clown

There is a website that sells hawaii island base rock, or you can get it on ---- the seller is hirocks. It costs a little over 1 dollar a pound. Its good rock and after a year you can't tell it from my fiji live rock.