check it out~~my 14 gal as I add coral

subielover

Can you get a picture? What do you have for water movement in your tank, just the stock return pump I assume?

lili13

I have pics in my other thread entitled, Devils Hand ya just the stock, but there's not much in the tank yet...
Everything else is fine, my gorgonia is perfect, all the polyp - y things are out

lili13

So I got home and there was s bit more algae in the tank, but we got home too late to go and get some RO water to do a 25% water change...grrrr. So I moved it back down to the sand. It didn't look happy and was bent like the water coming out of the pump was pushing it's "fingers". Anyways, I put a snail on it and it's eating the algae along with a hermit crab! YAY! Now just to get it out of the water! Checked my parameters and everything is fine, the calcium and KH are up a touch but nothing to worry about. So I dunno what's wrong, but we're gonna do the water change and get off of flaked food...hope it works!!

lili13

The algae isn't as bad anymore, and I talked to a different lfs that has more coral, and they said the Devil's Hand does that as kind of a shock and should be fine in a week or so. YAY!
We got a maxi jet too, to move the water around more, and had to move our rocks a bit :(. I wish the guy where we bought it wouldn't have been so horny to make a sale and told us we should be picking rocks that we can pile instead of ones that can really only go one or two ways in our tank. Anyways, we had to move them a little bit to accommodate the maxi jet.
We don't have a phosphate tester, so we're going to see if the extra flow helps first...
They had little sea horses (they were SOOOO cute) at this other lfs with the coral but we decided to get two clowns next week. A black one and an orange one! They're pretty tiny, so it'll look good. I got a little piece of wood with some really cool polyps on it so I'll post some pics if I can later...also there's something living in the wood that has black and white very tiny, very thin "arms" I think it looks almost like tentacles...I tried to get a pic, but our digi SLR isn't set up to take pics that close up underwater. Time for a new cam perhaps!! I noticed it stretched it's "arms" out more when the lights were on, so I'm waiting for my fiance to tell me if anything's come out cause he's at home on his lunch. If not, I hope whatever it is comes out tonight so I know if it's a danger. Ugh.
I can't wait to get our l'il clowns!

lili13

My shrimp molted too...haha he looks so much more colourful now!
My polyps are the second two...there's the pink and purple ones and then just to the left (sorry it's a bit blurry) there's green and yellowish ones!

lili13

YAHOOOOOOO!!!! So seeing as we are getting clowns probably later this week or weekend, we took our damsels back to the lfs. We ended up getting a green clown goby (who won't come out of our LR to get a pic) and a bi-color blenny. He is so cool, and has an orange tail (both of our favourite colour is orange) So we're pretty excited. We're going to wait prob til next monday to get our clowns so the bioload isn't crazy at once. I took some pics on my fiance's new phone, but he ended up erasing half of them. And I had some cool polyp pics!! Boourns...oh well, here's a few that he didn't erase..lol!
In the first pic you can see how much happier my devil's hand is (yay!) and our new blenny, and the last pic is one of the polyps, they are really much nicer than they are showing, you can see the pink ones on the left...that wood piece is really cool it has old clam shells embedded in it..they're closed so it's neat!

lili13

Ok, so when we got home this evening and took a close look at our tank, there seemed to be something that looked like an egg sac floating around in our tank. Upon further inspection, I noticed little white "things" all over the glass and back wall. They look like brine shrimp...has anyone ever had this problem before????? The only reason I know what baby brine shrimp look like is because I used to have Sea Monkeys...lol. Is it possible even that our shrimp had babies? I don't know much about their reproductive cycle...
Or maybe there was a sac in the piece of wood our polyps came one, because I also noticed a little brown guy scooting VERY fast in and around it, but he only comes out very seldom. :S I'm wondering if this piece of wood has brought ina bunch of hitchikers....I can't even get pictures of the "brine shrimp" if that's what they are, because they are too tiny. And the other brown thing (who knows maybe it's a bigger brine shrimp...lol) is too quick! Will these live in my tank? I have a blenny and a goby, will they eat them...they haven't come otu of the LR yet really??? Anyone had this happen to them??? lol Oh the joys!

lili13

Originally Posted by Lili13
http:///forum/post/2944371
Ok, so when we got home this evening and took a close look at our tank, there seemed to be something that looked like an egg sac floating around in our tank. Upon further inspection, I noticed little white "things" all over the glass and back wall. They look like brine shrimp...has anyone ever had this problem before????? The only reason I know what baby brine shrimp look like is because I used to have Sea Monkeys...lol. Is it possible even that our shrimp had babies? I don't know much about their reproductive cycle...
Or maybe there was a sac in the piece of wood our polyps came one, because I also noticed a little brown guy scooting VERY fast in and around it, but he only comes out very seldom. :S I'm wondering if this piece of wood has brought ina bunch of hitchikers....I can't even get pictures of the "brine shrimp" if that's what they are, because they are too tiny. And the other brown thing (who knows maybe it's a bigger brine shrimp...lol) is too quick! Will these live in my tank? I have a blenny and a goby, will they eat them...they haven't come otu of the LR yet really??? Anyone had this happen to them??? lol Oh the joys!

bump.....no thought?

lili13

So we finally got a new camera to take some pics of "Emilio", the blenny and the clown goby, which we have decided to take back and get something else maybe. We are going tomorrow to get a black and an orange clown, as a pair, so pretty excited!
Here are some updated pics!

redsea

Originally Posted by Lili13
http:///forum/post/2963465
So we finally got a new camera to take some pics of "Emilio", the blenny and the clown goby, which we have decided to take back and get something else maybe. We are going tomorrow to get a black and an orange clown, as a pair, so pretty excited!
Here are some updated pics!
very nice pics!